- For the overdress I used bright rose-red crepe-de chine (I don't know antything better to imitate a velvet) and a bit paler habotai for the lining.
- The trim of the upper sleeves and the belt I embroidered with stem stitch with a normal sewing thread of the same colour, as the crepe-de-chine is.
- Underdress - it was a adventure to make it!
I used (probably, I am not 100% sure) a white nylon chiffon - I wanted to dye it pink and then to embroider it. I dyed it. I began to draw the pattern with an air erasable pen - and this wonderfull pink colour cowardly vanished from surround of the drawing! Well, I learned from my mistake. First, I embroidered it - only the front part and the sleeves, yess, my preciouss - with iridescent thread with stem stitch, beaded with little clear beads and iridescent sequins, then I painted little leaves with nacre conture colour, and when I ironed it to secure the paint, I almost burned the iridescent thread and deformed the sequins. Almost...
AND THEN I dyed it pink. And sewed it. Well, it's not too bad.